1. FAQ
  2. Opening an account

How do I get a copy of my company's EIN tax ID confirmation letter?


To get a copy of your EIN (Employer Identification Number) call the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line toll-free at 1-800-829-4933. 

Select the below prompts:

  • 1: To continue in English
  • 1: Employer identification number information 
  • 3: Need an EIN confirmation letter

Request a 147c EIN confirmation letter when you speak with an agent on the phone. Requesting a letter is free. You can request for them to mail or fax it to you.  We recommend they fax it to you because it is faster.  If you don't have a fax number you can use ours, 201-526-6943.  If it's faxed to us please email us at support@profitnow.com to let us know that the EIN letter was faxed to us.  Be sure to include your full name and company's name as it appears on the letter.

IRS hours of operation: 7am -7pm in your local time zone.

Where to get an EIN If I do not have one?

You can apply for one on the IRS website by clicking here. Once you successfully apply, you will be sent the Form CP-575.

Group 13969